The government course provides students with a background in the philosophy, functions, and structure of the United States government. Students examine the philosophical foundations of the United States government and how that philosophy developed. Students also examine the structure and function of the United States government and its relationship to states and citizens.
American Government Course Syllabus
HONORS American Government Course Syllabus
AP/Honors Permission Form - complete this form and return to the IA counseling office if you are taking an AP or Honors course.
Government Honors Project and Pacing Chart
Government Remind Directions
Informational Reading/Writing Prompt:
Impact Academy Student Mock Election
- Youth Leadership.net - Mock Election site, closed on 10/27.
- Instructions and Sample Ballot
- 2016 Mock Election Results
Presidential Election 2016
- Politics and the Economy: Predicting the 2016 Election - Live Lesson 10/26
- 2016 Presidential Debate Analysis - student activity/extra credit
- Khan Academy - Electoral College
- Ted-Ed: Does Your Vote Count? Electoral College explained
- PragerU - Do You Understand the Electoral College?
- ProCon - Compare 2016 Presidential Candidate Positions
- Ballotpedia - Presidential Election, 2016
- Georgia Performance Standards - American Government
- Edgenuity Scope and Sequence - Units/lessons/objectives, useful for Cumulative Exam study.
- United States Government
- Interactive Constitution
- The Constitution of the United States